News & Program & Digital & Vision - Istanbul, Turkey - Full Time
The TRT World family is happy to announce the launch of its Fellowship Program, starting this summer.
We are building new teams and have opportunities in the following departments: News, Program, Digital and Vision.
As the TRT World family, we invite you to take part in our journey in the international news landscape and meet our international team. The Fellowship will appeal 15 talents including junior journalists and recent graduates who are interested in the opportunity of producing balanced news with a humanitarian focus. You will join a diverse group of individuals from around the world including journalists, editors, broadcasters, researchers and freelancers.
The direct focus of this Fellowship Program is to reach people who want to get familiar with the perspective of TRT World, keep up with the changes in the media industry and improve their understanding of Turkish culture.
TRT World Fellows will spend three months (5th June - 1st September 2017) with the TRT World Team, in one of Turkey's newest channels, which brings a distinctive voice to the global news landscape. There will be one period of intensive language courses during the Fellowship period.
TO BE ELIGIBLE, APPLICANTS MUST:
Be ambitious about journalism
Be native in the English language
Be in the early stages of their career
SELECTION CRITERIA INCLUDE:
- Commitment to engagement in the related departments;
- Special capacity for critical, creative and strategic thinking;
- Submission of an essay about the motivation for joining the Fellowship Program;
- Submission of a self-produced creative content;
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history;
- Commitment to full-time residence in Istanbul for the entire duration of the program
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW:
Please note that application for admission to the TRT World Fellowship Program is completely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
For further information please visit the webpage www.trtworld.com/fellowship or email us at email@example.com
- Travel Scholarship
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in Istanbul
- Participants will benefit from TRT World accommodations, services and counseling. TRT World's associate producers will host Fellows.
Please send your CV and answer the questions below in one Word Document:
- Do you have any experience in the media sector (Internship, Work Experience etc.)?
- Name fellowship or internship programs you have been involved with so far (if any)
- Write an essay (min. 300 Words) about your motivation to join the TRT World Fellowship Program
Furthermore, please also provide us a link to self-produced creative content (e.g. Video, Design, Publications, Social Media Activity, Research Paper) in the attached document.
Application Deadline is May 30 2017.
We have rolling admission policy.